McCown is a college preparatory school partnering with NYC Outward Bound Schools and EL Education to offer challenging student-centered learning focused around case studies and expeditions that incorporate fieldwork and conclude with projects presented to authentic audiences along with service learning opportunities. We offer a small, personal environment which allows McCown to highlight each student's unique gifts, talents and creativity in pursuit of mastery of NYS Standards. We expect students to uphold our character traits of citizenship, integrity, perseverance, respect, and responsibility, wear our uniform, and complete 100 hours of community service by graduation.
Our next High School Information Session is on Tuesday February 9, 2021 at 7pm - click on this link to join live.
What makes McCown Unique?
- Small, safe, educational experience with individual support
- College-going culture / dual college enrollment partnerships with CUNY CSI and St. Francis College
- Partnership with Expeditionary Learning National Organization
- International Trips*
- Day of Service*
- Week long Intensives*
- Four years of Crew (advisory)
- AP and college courses for credit
- Commitment to community service
How is McCown doing?
- 94% graduation rate (+17 points higher than city average)
- 100% graduation rate for SWDs
- 100% of applicants accepted to college
- 79% of graduates are enrolled in college within six months (+20 points higher than city average)
- Ranked #3 high school in Staten Island